Vegan Strawberry Ice cream
Ingredients: Serves 4
|20 mins churning|
1 pint of single soya cream
1 cup granulated sugar
3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
2-3 generous cups of strawberries sliced
1 teaspoon lemon juice
Preparing the fruit
1. Place sliced strawberries in a bowl.
2. Sprinkle over 1/3 cup of the sugar.
3. add the lemon juice.
4. Mash the mix to a pulpy consistency, cover and place in fridge to chill.
Preparing the Ice cream mixture.
1. Combine the soya cream, the remaining sugar (2/3 cup) and vanilla extract in a bowl. Mix until the sugar dissolves.
2. Take the strawberry mix from the refrigerator, remove 1/3 cup and place this back in the refrigerator for later. Place a sieve over the ice cream mix bowl and push the rest of the strawberry mix through with a wooden spoon to remove any bits, allow the smooth purée to drip through, stir well until all combined.
3 Follow the instructions on your ice cream maker.
For mine this is to take the pre chilled bowl and transfer the mix into it. Place the bowl on top of machine, insert churning blade and top cap and churn for approximately 20 minutes. If you want a smooth ice cream leave to finish churning another 5 minutes If you like fruit bits in your ice cream now is the time to add the cup from the refrigerator for a final 5 minutes, also is an option here to use the pulp from the sieve as well, then all is utilized. When finished churning remove the bowl and serve immediately for a soft scoop ice cream or place into freezer proof containers and freeze to harden approximately 2 hours.
Tip: Our house is divided because the adults love fruit bits in the ice cream the kids love smooth, so I remove 1/2 the quantity of the mix at the smooth ice cream stage then add the fruit pulp for the last few minutes to the remaining mix for the adults and every one is pleased.
|made this one substituting blueberries for strawberries gorgeous|