By request here is the recipe for flapjack. When the children were growing up these were a staple in our house. Using organic oats, unrefined light muscovado sugar, organic butter and golden syrup.
Makes 16 pieces:
8 oz organic butter
4 rounded tablespoons of golden syrup
8 oz light brown unrefined muscovado sugar
16 oz organic medium oats
1. Preheat oven 180C / 350F / gas4.
2. Grease 2 round 8 ” cake tins.
3. Place the butter, golden syrup and sugar in a pan over a low heat, cook stirring with a wooden spoon until ingredients are melted and combined.
4. Remove from heat and add the oats, stir the mixture to blend.
5. Spoon the mixture into the prepared tins and smooth the surface.
6. Place in the centre of the oven and bake 20 minutes or until golden brown.
7. Remove from oven and leave in the tins on a cooling rack to cool. When cool enough to handle Score each tin into 8 triangles.
8. When happy it is set, remove from the tin and separate the triangles.
Option:Coat with melted chocolate drizzles.