Midsummer Berry Cake
|Mmmm making this Tomorrow|
125 g coconut oil
125 g honey (or agave syrup for a vegan option)
⅔ cup nut milk (I used almond milk)
zest of ½ orange or lemon (optional)
1 banana, mashed
¼ cup mango or orange juice
2 tsp vanilla extract
250 g spelt flour
2 tsp baking powder
75 gram cacao powder
⅔ tsp fine salt
½ tsp cardamom
200 gram mascarpone or cottage cheese (or vegan creme fraiche)
75 gr raspberries, frozen or fresh
3 tbsp white cashew cream (optional)
2 tbsp honey or agave syrup (vegan)
200 g mascarpone (for vegan creme fraiche)
3 tbsp honey or agave syrup
1 tsp lemon juice
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
a pinch of salt
a dusting cinnamon
0.75 – 1 liter strawberries, halved
2. Grease a 20 cm spring form pan with coconut oil.
3. In a mixing bowl, add your dry ingredients. Mix well.
4. Melt the coconut oil slowly in a pan. In a bowl; add mashed banana, almond milk, vanilla extract, juice, orange zest, and honey to the pan and the melted coconut oil.
5. Mix the moist ingredients together with a whisk, by hand or use an electric mixer.
5. Pour the wet mix into the bowl with dry ingredients and mix well. Mix together.
6. Pour the dough mixture into the greased form.
7. Make the top surface flat and even using a dough scraper or a spoon.
7. Bake in 180 ℃ for 1 hour. Test with a thin stick to see that it comes out dry and clean to know if the cake is done. Bake it longer if needs it. Let the cake rest and cool.
1. Mix raspberries with the quark or vegan creme fraiche, cashew cream and honey
2.Set aside in the fridge until montage.
1. Mix the topping ingredients together by whipping it briskly and set aside.
1. When the cake is cool, gently half it with a knife and lift off the top and set aside carefully.
2. Add a generous layer of raspberry filling on the the cake base.
3. Gently place the top cake half on top of the raspberry filling.
4. Carefully add a thick even layer of the mascarpone mix to the top of the cake.
5. Decorate placing the halved strawberries on top of it all. It’s beautiful and festive to add flowers and berries of different sorts around the base of the cake,