Creamy Tuna Pasta Bake
I needed to cook a dish for eight people with just ingredients from the store cupboard. I found this recipe which fit the bill perfectly. It was originally aimed at students to make a nutritious and cheapish meal and I tweaked it a little bit to suit my own stores. Listed ingredients makes enough to feed four hungry people.You will need to double the quantities for eight.
Pic below: Assembled and ready to bake.
Ingredients: Serves four adults.
- 600g / 1lb 6oz pasta shapes.
- 50g / 2oz butter.
- 50g / 2oz plain flour.
- 600ml / 20fl oz semi skimmed milk.
- ½ tsp mustard powder.
- 200g /7 oz altogether of mature cheddar and red leicester grated and mixed.
- 160g tin sweetcorn drained
- 50g / 2oz peas, add more if you want to.
- 2 spring onions finely diced.
- 1 x 165g tin tuna, drained. Makes a light bake, add extra tuna if you desire.