Pakora baked Vegan and Gluten free
I made these today for lunch, they took just a few minutes to prepare, 25 mins to bake and the flavour of the vegetables and spices were just awesome!. Using our own grown herbs in this dish was also wonderful, so vibrant and packed full of health.
The recipe comes from ‘Kind Earth Kitchen’, the following is my notes for making it, original full details and a video are on ‘Kind Earth kitchen’ blog.
- 1 large organic carrot.
- 1 small organic potato.
- 1 inch / 2.5 cm of fresh ginger root.
- 1/2 teaspoon Celtic sea salt
- 1 teaspoon onion granules.
- Twist black pepper.
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds.
- 1 heaped teaspoon garam masala.
- 1 handful chopped parsley or coriander leaves. (I used a mix)
- 75 g chickpea flour.
- Grate the carrot and potato and finely grate the ginger.
- Add all ingredients except the chickpea flour into a mixing bowl.
- Sift the chickpea flour on top of the ingredients in the bowl.
- Mix all ingredients together thoroughly, using your hands. When everything starts to combine, squidge and compress with hands until everything is melded together.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Spoon dessert sized spoon dollops onto the baking tray and shape.
- Bake in a preheated oven 250 C / 480 F) about 25 minutes.
These are good served hot, good on a bed of salad leaves, with relish or rice or could be served cold as a snack when cooled.